Last Updated on
My life changed when I discovered one handy ingredient in my cooking – my Lemon Pepper Seasoning. This seasoning makes dishes taste like you labored all day in the kitchen, but you actually did not. I use it to make my favorite lemon pepper chicken. It’s an impressive dish that can be the star of the table. Tender juicy meat, with flavors seeping from the skin to the bones.
You will need a 1.5 kilogram chicken. Pat it dry and split it into two. Combine all the seasoning and rub it into the chicken. Gently massage the chicken with the seasoning and place the chicken halves in a tray. I recommend marinating the chicken overnight, but if you don’t have time, I assure you the chicken will still taste good. When you are ready to bake, place the chicken in a baking rack with a foil lined tray underneath. Bake in the oven skin side up for 1 hour and 30 mins at 170°C. The baked lemon pepper chicken is done when the skin is already crispy and golden brown. Serve it with your favorite gravy or dipping sauce and enjoy it to the bones! 🙂
Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 1.5 kg whole chicken
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp lemon grass powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pat dry the whole chicken with a paper towel. Split the chicken into two by running a knife at the center of the breast all the way down to its tail.
- In a small bowl combine all the seasoning and mix until well blended.
- Rub the chicken with the seasoning and gently massage it with your hands. Make sure all the parts are covered with the seasoning. Marinate the chicken overnight in the fridge or bake it immediately.
- When you are ready to bake, place the chicken in a baking rack with a foil lined tray underneath. Bake in the oven skin side up for 1 hour and 30 mins at 170°C.